What is TCM Massage Therapy?
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is a broad range of medicine practices sharing common theoretical concepts which have been developed in China and are based on a tradition of more than 2,000 years, including various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage (Tui na), exercise (qigong), and dietary therapy. It is a set of manual, non-invasive techniques. In China, Tui-na is practiced alongside acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and Western medicine in public hospitals. As such, Tui-na uses long-established TCM theories to address the needs of clients and patients.
Through an assessment of the symptoms a ‘pattern,’ to use TCM terminology, emerges. This ‘pattern’ informs the treatment selected by the practitioner, which will therefore be tailored specifically to the individual. TCM massage therapy promotes qi and blood flow, helps to remove obstructions in the meridians, and relieves stagnation. Different forms of pressure are applied depending on whether the aim is to unify, reduce, or achieve a relatively neutral, calming effect.
How to Perform TCM Massage Therapy?
A typical TCM treatment session first involves a brief discussion about signs and symptoms so the therapist can make a diagnosis based on this information as well as other observations. In initial consultations, this is around 20 minutes. During subsequent visits, however, not so much time is spent on diagnosis, rather a brief chat between client and therapist reveals the changes that have occurred since the previous visit. By viewing physical, mental, and emotional manifestations of an illness or injury through the framework of TCM theories, a massage therapist will select certain acupoints or whole meridians to work on, mostly choosing to employ massage. A TCM massage lasts about an hour and the client remains fully clothed for the duration.
Sample of a TCM Massage Module:
- Knead the palm root on the qi-hai and guan-yuan points 30 times respectively;
- Rub with palm from the shen-que to dan-tian region forward and backward 30 times respectively;
- Wipe with the hand side on the Yao-yan point 30 times;
- Wipe with the hand side along the sacral bone 30 times;
- Press and knead with a finger on the zu-san-li and san-yin-jiao points 30 times respectively.
Benefits of a TCM Massage Therapy
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being
- Lessens anxiety and depression
- Relieves stress, tension-related headaches, and sleep disorders
- Improves posture, flexibility
- it Improves digestion
- Improves circulation & strengthens the immune system
- Helps manage pain, relieve back pains & body aches
- Improves rehabilitation after injury
- Greater energy
- More supple skin
- Improved concentration
- Manage PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome)
Note: All Of Our Staff were duly Vaccinated for covid-19, and we make regular medical checkups. Our Massage services are available all over India. and we have independent massage therapists, escorts, call girls, and housewives available.