What is Romantic Massage?
Romantic massage is something that most of us would love to do, it is usually given by a significant other and done in a romantic setting. Romantic massages are very therapeutic, pleasurable, and can be sensual and romantic if done properly. a romantic massage is much more than just your average massage. this massage is the perfect way of relieving your partner’s stress after a long day, which not only makes them feel good but will make you feel good doing it for them. It also is very good for bringing you closer to your partner and can help spice things up for both of you. Romantic massage is all about showing an expression of love with your hands, and that is what makes it so special and unique. Through romantic massage, you can send the message of love without ever opening your mouth, and that can leave a very special and lasting impression on you and your partner.
How to Do the Romantic Massage？
- Prepare the bed. Lay a freshly washed sheet over the bed. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil at the top of the sheet where your partner’s head will rest. Ylang-ylang, in essential oil form, will act as an aphrodisiac. Place a few neatly folded towels on the bed within reach for spills.
- Set the mood. Dim the lights, light a few candles, then turn on some relaxing music. The music should be playing at a soothing volume, not too loud. Make sure the candles are not producing too many conflicting scents in the room. The essential oil on the sheet should be the dominate scent.
- Change into your sexiest lingerie or robe. Silk garments are a good choice because as you give the massage the silk fabric will brush against the skin adding to the sensation of the romantic massage. Of course choosing to give the massage in the nude is always another popular option!
- Begin the massage. Have her lay on the bed face down with her arms in a comfortable position. Pour a small amount of massage oil into your hands and rub them together to warm the oil. Begin the romantic massage at the shoulders working your way down and out towards the hands, feet and head. Use the towels if necessary to remove any excess oil or to wipe up spills.
- Add some sensuality. Use slow, firm strokes making sure you touch him with your body as much as possible during the massage. Gently kiss his neck, shoulders, hands, and feet as you move from one area of his body to the next. Concentrate on areas that you know he enjoys having massaged.
- Finish the massage. Have her turn over and massage the front in the same manner as the back. By this time things may be heating up a bit and your romantic massage may turn into a sensual lovemaking session. That’s okay! Relax and enjoy this wonderful time of intimacy with the one your love.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure you get ready for the massage while your partner is away to maintain an element of surprise.
- Keep the room at a comfortable temperature. Not too cold and not too hot.
- Don’t use too much essential oil. Essential oils are very concentrated and can quickly become overpowering. A little goes a long way!
- If massaging a pregnant partner, check that the oil used is suitable––many essential oils are not suitable. Also, use only light strokes and pressure on the pregnant person and never massage directly on the abdomen during the first four months of pregnancy.
- While sharing the roles of masseur and recipient can be a lovely way to show consideration for each other, do bear in mind that the first recipient will often be so relaxed and chilled out by the massage that expecting a massage straight away from your partner can be asking too much and risks undoing all the pleasure you’ve given him or her. Consider taking it in turns on different occasions instead.
- Accessories are another possibility for a romantic massage, such as massage balls or rollers or other appropriate massage tools. However, it’s often most sensual to rely on your hands.