The Introduction of Foot Massage
Foot massage is a simple, cheap, and effective method to relax your body and mind. It is based on the tenets of foot reflexology. And involves applying pressure on key points in the foot to get benefits. A qualified medical professional can put a strain on distinct meridians. Or energy lines on the sole and side in the feet to find out the illness of the body in China. The following will introduce foot reflexology.
What will Do Before Getting a Foot Massage?
The delicate music can be supplied as the right catalyst to have you while in the mood to get a foot massage. You will find numerous lotions and oils that may be utilized for any foot massage. Nevertheless, the therapist will suggest the use of vital massage oils to achieve a calming foot massage. To begin with, you should ensure that the feet are clean. A foot soak with Epsom salts is a wonderful approach to de-stress ahead of getting a foot massage. Make sure that your feet are fully dry ahead of your start.
Foot Massage Strategies:
This technique stimulates the blood vessels in your feet and promotes gentle heat. Hold the foot in your hands and start to massage the surface on the foot. Use your thumbs inside a slow, stroking movement, starting up in the toes and moving as much as the ankle. As soon as you might have reached the ankle adhere to exactly the same line back for the toes. Make sure you apply lighter stress in direction of the toes than the ankle.
Gently move the ankle side to side to loosen the ankle joint. Hold the heel on the foot in a cupping motion and hold the ball in the foot using the other hand. Rotate the foot clockwise and anticlockwise 3 or 4 instances to loosen up the foot through the ankle joint. Reversing the instructions will calm and de-stress your senses. Ensure you perform this method gently.
Gently hold the foot within your hand and utilize the other hand to massage the sole from the foot with your thumb. Commence using the region right under the large toe and gradually move for the other toes. Following preliminary pressure, roll the thumb back and forth. It could be seen as wiggling the thumb. Release strain, and move. Pivoting can be extremely comforting especially if you differ the quantity of stress currently being applied to your ball in the foot.
Knead the thumb or finger suggestions back and forth about the sole of the foot. Kneading utilizes the knuckles at the second joint. “Knead” is the spot-like dough with huge pressing, rotating movements. Bear in mind the foot is not as adaptable as dough, so you should be gentle.
Visualize the foot being a series of squares the size of the 2nd toe. Stroll your fingers horizontally, one particular square for the upcoming, then down to your subsequent row of squares.
What are the Benefits of Foot Massage?
This foot massage has been practiced for many centuries for its various benefits. Our feet contain greater than 7,000 nerves. By stimulating them gently you can get pleasurable and relaxing sensations.
- Foot massage can help to relieve anxiety and induce deep relaxation.
- Foot massage reduces stress and facilitates unimpeded blood flow throughout the body.
- A relaxing foot massage can facilitate homeostasis and the optimum functioning of the body’s systems.
- Foot massage removes blockages to enable proper energy flow throughout the body. This can give you more energy and vitality to perform daily tasks.
- Foot massage heals and relaxes our body and mind, and protects against stress-related ailments.
- A sensual foot massage can be the ultimate foreplay. Rub your partner’s feet in a loving, nurturing, relaxing and sensual manner to share love and affection with him/her.
The Difference Between Foot Massage and Reflexology
The aim of reflexology is to balance the flow of energy around the body. It is achieved by stimulating reflex points on the feet/hands. It’s based on the theory that certain points on the feet correspond to certain organs. And body parts and that applying pressure to the areas can promote health in the corresponding parts.
The aim of Foot massage is to relax the client and relieve pressure by rubbing the muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, and joints of the feet. It is similar to Swedish massage, the most common type of massage in North America. People typically use massage oil or lotion and use gentle gliding strokes all over the foot.
Foot Massage and Benefits
Therapeutic massage has a long history in Thailand, with the techniques having passed unchanged down the centuries. Its roots can be traced back to ancient India where Jivaka Komarabhacca. A physician, who was a friend and contemporary of Lord Buddha, established the techniques. They are still used to this day, some 2,500 years ago. Knowledge of massage in India has been handed down by word of mouth. Across the generations, from father to son, from mother to daughter, and from teacher to pupil.
With the advent of a written alphabet, in the reign of King Ramkamhaeng the Great. Thai scholars began to prepare records of all aspects of Thai life and society, and the founding knowledge of what has become Thai massage was inscribed for future generations. Sadly, most of these ancient records were destroyed in 1776 when Thailand’s illustrious capital of Ayuthaya was sacked by the Burmese invaders.
Ancient Foot Massage
What little that was left was literally graven in stone when King Rama III. Wishing to preserve the ancient traditions, had the remaining texts inscribed on the walls of one of the best-known of Bangkok’s temples, called Wat Poh.(Wat Chetupon Wimolmangklaram Rajwora Mahawiharn).
Nowadays there are many different kinds of massage practiced in India. And of the most interesting of these is foot massage. The theory is simple but the practice is far more complex. Because the force applied by the fingers must be very careful. And precisely directed to a specific nerve on the foot. Each part of the foot is reputedly linked to another, often distant, part of the body. With influence extending not just to the muscles but also to the vital organs as well.
Self Foot Massage at your home.
Learning the basic steps can help you to cure yourself should you have any injury or pain, either externally or within.
- Wash the feet thoroughly and adopt a comfortable position that allows you to reach all parts of your foot.
- Anoint the feet with a skin lotion for lubrication when carrying out the massage.
- Start to push firmly at the base of the 4th toe. The nerve in this location links directly to the heart. Pain, when you push in this spot, means that there is a problem with the heart and a lengthy yet gentle massage will ease the pain and improve the health of the heart.
- Pressing at the base of the second toe will stimulate the nerve controlling the lungs and the entire bronchial system that are necessary for breathing.
- In between the first and second toes are the nerves that influence the head. If you have a headache, the pressure between these toes will soon make the ache pass or may prevent headaches altogether.
- Relief of stress in the eyes will be gained by massaging between the third and fourth toes. This may not only relieve tired eye muscles but also improve the clarity of vision.