Lingam Massage: Tantric massage has a long history of use as an instrument to help develop sexual and spiritual awareness.
Contrary to some modern interpretations of this tradition, tantric practices aren’t purely about sex. Instead, tantric massage therapy involves learning how to build up sexual energy to experience the pure feeling of pleasure.
Lingam massage, derived from the Sanskrit word for “penis,” is a type of tantric practice that involves massaging the penis and the areas around it. During a Lingam massage, the body parts that get massaged are the:
- perineum (the area between the anus and scrotum)
- even prostate
The goal of lingam massage isn’t only to reach orgasm. The ultimate intent is to experience a full-body sexual and spiritual pleasure.
Benefits Of Lingam Massage
While a Lingam massage is intended to be a sexual experience, there are many benefits beyond just pleasure. It’s believed that lingam massages can:
- Promote full body healing. Despite their sexual nature, tantric practices like lingam massage are intended to promote healing. According to Buddhist principles, it’s believed that lingam massage can help the recipient heal from past trauma and align themselves with their spiritual and sexual self.
- Relieve stress throughout the body. Sex is an activity that benefits the body and mind, with advantages such as increased libido and reduced risk of chronic diseases. When you participate in a lingam massage, you’re combining these benefits with the stress-relieving relaxation of massage therapy.
- Improve sexual stamina and sexual experiences. Whether you’re interested in increasing your sexual stamina or just learning to enjoy sex more, lingam massages can allow you to embrace this in a safe space.
- Explore spirituality and mindfulness. Experiencing something in the moment, just as it’s intended, is an example of mindfulness. If you’re a spiritual person, enjoying frequent lingam massages can help you develop that mindfulness practice.
Luckily, this type of tantric massage practice isn’t just limited to people with penises. A yoni massage focuses on sensually exploring the vulva, vagina, and other related areas.
Both types of massage therapy are intended to be a spiritual, sexual experience, so yoni massage shares many of the same benefits mentioned above.
How to perform Lingam Massage
Being knowledgeable about technique is important for not only lingam massage but all types of tantric massage.
Here’s the best technique for how to perform a lingam massage on yourself or your partner.
Set the mood
Creating a positive atmosphere and mindset can make a lingam massage an enjoyable experience for yourself or for you and your partner.
Before the massage, make sure to take time to set your intentions and create an open mindset. Doing this can help establish the emotional mood of the massage and allow you to enjoy the experience as something both spiritual and sexual.
To create a sacred physical space that’s warm and inviting:
- use fresh bedding
- dim the lights
- light some candles
- put on some meditative music
This can help create a comfortable yet sensual environment before beginning the massage.
Prepare the oils
Massage oils help reduce friction and increase sensation during a massage. There are many different types of massage oils, including those with and without fragrances.
For a tantric lingam massage, a scented oil can help increase both awareness and arousal.
No matter what type of oil you choose, something natural and hypoallergenic is best, especially for sensitive skin. Popular natural oils to use include:
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- almond oil
Start the massage by focusing on the peripheral areas, such as the:
- lower abdomen
- upper thighs
- inner thighs
Move your hands slowly and intentionally across the skin, setting the stage for a sensual experience.
If you’re giving a lingam massage and you know your partner’s erogenous zones, massaging these areas can help spark that initial pleasure without moving too fast.
Remember, the goal of lingam massage is to take it slow and experience all the pleasurable sensations.
Work your way up
Now is the time to move your way from the erogenous zones to the more sensitive areas. Begin with the testicles, taking the time to massage this area as gently as possible.
If you or your partner enjoys it, the perineum can be another sensual area to explore.
When you’re ready to move on, move your massage to the bottom of the penis shaft, using gentle stroking motions. As you move toward the top of the shaft and the head of the penis, work slowly and intentionally.
If the mood calls for it, and if your partner has consented to it, consider adding some sensual prostate stimulation to your lingam massage.
To find the prostate, gently insert a finger into the anus, angling the tip of your finger toward the front of the body. Once you’ve located it, you can use gentle pressure to stimulate the area.
For some people, prostate stimulation can even lead to a pleasurable prostate orgasm.
When you feel an orgasm approaching, or you notice that your partner is close to orgasming, take a moment to pull back and focus on another area. You can continue this practice, called edging, throughout the massage for as long as you or your partner enjoys it.
If you or your partner orgasms early in the massage, that’s OK too. Don’t feel pressured to end the massage early. A sensual lingam massage can still be pleasurable even after an orgasm has been reached.
Savor the experience
According to some research in a 2016 review, certain sexual experiences are thought to invoke a trance-like state. With lingam massage, the full-body pleasure that one experiences is often enough to reach that state, which can feel more spiritual than sexual.
You can make the most of this meditative experience by:
- taking it slowly
- being present in your body
- allowing you or your partner to experience both the sexual and spiritual nature of tantric massage